33.5% of the Forest of Dean district’s CO2 emissions from energy come from industry and commercial sources. We know there’s appetite from people within businesses and organisations to transition to carbon neutrality, but many find it difficult to know where to begin.
Reducing emissions often comes with an upfront cost, but there are also plenty of opportunities for businesses of reducing emissions and save cost.
Developed in Partnership with Forest of Dean District Council, this Charter aims to help to start address this barrier and to create a community of Forest of Dean based businesses collectively working towards becoming carbon neutral.
- Publicly declare a Climate Emergency and commit to becoming carbon neutral by 2030
- Directors or managers undergo climate literacy training or demonstrate existing knowledge
- Measure your business’s carbon footprint
- Set short and medium term targets for reducing your emissions
- Choose one of the following three levels of action that you will commit to in order to measure, report and reduce your emissions
- Report your progress on a yearly basis
- Encourage other enterprises to do the same! Tell three other businesses about what you’re doing.
Choose a level of action
We are developing 3 levels of action. The first available now to all setting out on their journey to more sustainable businesses, is bronze. Details of Silver and Gold will be available in January. Your business will be designated a Climate Superstar once it has achieved carbon neutrality.
Your business will be designated a Climate Superstar once it has achieved carbon neutrality.